Sea Bass with Fennel and Potato
- 4 x sea bass fillets
- Oil and butter to fry
- 15g sumac
- 2 heads fennel (cut into thin slices)
- 450g new potatoes (cooked and cut into thick slices)
- 12 spring onions (cut into 1” lengths)
- 1 clove of garlic (sliced)
- 50g good quality pitted green olives
- 2 lemons (zest and juice)
- 50ml white wine
- 100ml olive oil
- 15g flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 15g mint (chopped)
In a large bowl, toss the fennel, potatoes, spring onions, garlic and olives with the lemon, wine and olive oil. Season well, put into a roasting tin and roast at 200C for about 25-30 minutes until the fennel is just softening.
Fish – brush with oil and sprinkle on the sumac.
In a hot pan, cook for 2 minutes, skin side down. Flip over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the butter and baste.
Once the vegetables are cooked, add the chopped herbs and stir well. Serve with the fish.