Steak and Salad (Rump/Gaucho Steak)
- 4 rump steaks
- 500ml buttermilk
- 4 sliced jalapenos (finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- Salt and pepper
- 175g feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3 avocados (chopped)
- 200g cooked quinoa
- 1 tin butterbeans (drained and washed)
- 6 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 150g smoked almonds
- Handful flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- Handful mint (chopped)
- 100g edamame beans
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 150g tenderstem broccoli (blanched)
- 100g yogurt
- 75g buttermilk
- 1 soft avocado
- Handful of mint
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 15g tarragon (chopped)
- To serve: Honey and lime wedges
Steak – mix all the ingredients together and put the steaks in to marinade. Chill for 2 hours.
When ready to cook, bring to room temperature, take the steaks out of the marinade and chargrill on a preheated griddle pan. Chargrill for 3-4 minutes on each side. Rest for 4 minutes.
Dressing – blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Salad – mix all the ingredients together and toss in half of the dressing.
Tenderstem broccoli – heat a pan until smoking hot and add the broccoli (no oil) and cook for 2 minutes on each side to char well.
Spoon the salad onto a platter and place the charred tenderstem broccoli on top, slice the steaks and sit on the salad and spoon over more dressing.
Drizzle with honey if desired and serve with lime wedges.