Sweet Potato Croquettes
- 700g cooked sweet potato flesh
- 2 dried apricots (finely chopped)
- 2 dates (finely chopped)
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (toasted)
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 3g chilli flakes
- 15g total of flat leaf parsley, mint, dill (finely chopped)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- About 100g breadcrumbs
- 150g flour
- 5g smoked paprika
- 5g celery salt
- 5g white pepper
- 400g Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 50ml mint jelly
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 24 mint leaves (chopped)
Mash the sweet potatoes until smooth, add everything else (the dough should be moist but not sticky – adjust breadcrumbs to make it so).
Roll into 40g balls, then into cigar shape. Roll in flour mixed with the paprika, celery salt and white pepper then chill 2 hours.
Deep fry for 5-6 minutes and drain on kitchen paper.
Dip – simply combine all the ingredients together.
Serve the sweet potato croquettes with the dip.