Get creative and treat the family to a festive feast with our mouthwatering seasonal recipes – including Gilded Turkey from our TV ad. Yum.
A dollop of this makes Christmas (and be generous with the brandy!).
- 1 pack softened butter
- 20ml brandy
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 orange zest
- 1. Mix the softened butter with the brown sugar.
- 2. Once well mixed add the orange zest and brandy.
Rich, sweet and a little bit naughty – the perfect festive drink.
- 6 egg yolks
- 150g granulated sugar
- 1 pint of milk
- 1 pot of double cream
- 250ml rum
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1. Whisk the egg yolks and the sugar until pale.
- 2. Bring the milk, rum and the cream to the boil with the cinnamon sticks.
- 3. Pour over the egg and sugar mixture and stir well.
- 4. Place into a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Don’t deny your Christmas pud some brandy sauce... it’s the perfect accompaniment.
- 1 pot of double cream
- 80ml brandy
- 75g granulated sugar
- 15g plain flour
- 150ml water
- 1. Add the sugar and the brandy to a pan with 50ml of water.
- 2. Bring to the boil, then add the cream.
- 3. Bring to the boil again.
- 4. Mix the flour and the rest of the water together and whisk into the sauce.
- 5. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes until it has thickened.
"Pimped" Christmas Gravy
Secret ingredient to your best gravy ever? Iceland’s Luxury Cranberry and Port Sauce…
- 100g of retained roasting pan vegetables and meat juices
- Bisto gravy granules
- 2 tbsps of Iceland Luxury Cranberry and Port Sauce.
- 1. In a medium heavy based pan add the retained roasting pan vegetables and cover with water.
- 2. Bring to the boil and add enough Bisto gravy granules to thicken.
- 3. Blend until smooth with a hand blender.
- 4. Add two tablespoons or more to taste of the Iceland luxury cranberry and port sauce.
Pear and Partridge Pâté
Impress all your guests with this stunning yet simple festive starter (but don’t tell them about the simple bit).
- Peppery leaf salad
- Partridge Pâté with Pear
- Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
- 1. Present the apple and peppery leaf as a side salad.
- 2. Add the pate and caramelised onion to the toasted croute.
- 3. Dress with oil and serve.
Winter Spiced Christmas Ham
Give your Christmas dinner a unique twist… yes, a barbecued ham!
- 1 defrosted gammon joint
- 35g red chili
- 2 red onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 135ml malt vinegar
- 50ml soy sauce
- 3tbsp mixed spice
- 60g sugar
- 1tbsp salt
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
Make the marinade:
- 1. Puree the marinade ingredient until they make a thick paste.
- 2. Place the gammon in a large bowl and cover with marinade.
- 3. Leave to marinade for 4 hours or overnight if possible.
- 1. Place marinated gammon into a deep baking tray.
- 2. Place on to a pre-lit BBQ set up for indirect cooking at 120º for 3 hours.
- 3. Remove and rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- 1. Place marinated gammon into a deep baking tray and cover with a layer of grease proof paper and a layer of tin foil.
- 2. Place into a preheated oven at 180º for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- 3. Remove the tin foil and grease proof paper.
- 4. Cook the Gammon for a further 20 minutes.
- 5. Remove and rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Luxury Raspberry & Pistachio Pavlova
Serve with whipped cream, raspberries and white chocolate cookies, and hey-presto Pavlova…
- Iceland Luxury Raspberry & Pistachio Pavlova
- Double Cream
- Iceland Luxury Belgian White Chocolate Cookies
- 1. Tip - Cut the pavlova while frozen for the perfect slice.
- 2. Defrost slices individually in the fridge.
- 3. Serve with home whipped double cream and extra raspberries.
Sausage Meat Stuffing
The ultimate stuffing just tastes of Christmas (with the help of our Luxury Cranberry Sauce with Port).
- 1 Pack of defrosted sausage meat
- 1 finely diced onion
- 2 tbsp Iceland Luxury Cranberry Sauce with Port
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of frozen parsley
- 25g of butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Sweat the onions and garlic with the butter until soft.
- 2. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and cool completely.
- 3. Add the sausage meat, parsley, breadcrumbs, cranberry sauce and season.
- 4. Place into a casserole dish and bake at 180ºC for 25 minutes.
- 5. Alternatively, use as a stuffing for your turkey.