Lunch - Recipes
Prepare a deliciously light lunch with something from our selection of healthy lunch recipes.
Chilli Stuffed Peppers
- 250g Iceland Butchers market lean beef steak mince
- 2-3 tbsp Iceland chopped frozen onion
- 1tsp chopped frozen garlic
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp paprika
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 150ml beef stock
- 200g tin kidney beans - drained
- 2 individual bags of Iceland white rice - cooked to pack instructions
- 2 whole peppers - slice tops off and remove seeds
Fry the beef mince over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes add the chopped frozen onion, garlic and stir over the heat for a further 5 minute
Add the chilli, paprika, tomato purée, tinned tomatoes and stock. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 mins until the liquid is slightly reduced.
Meanwhile place the peppers and lids onto a baking tray and bake in the oven at 220c, 425F, gas mark 7 for 10 to 15 minutes until softened.
Season with salt and pepper add the drained kidney beans heat through for about 5 mins.
Fill the peppers with the chilli mixture and serve