- 1 pack Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry (defrosted)
- ½ pack Jus-Rol Puff Pastry (defrosted)
- 200g Feta Cheese
- 450g Mature Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 650g pack Frozen Diced Onions
- 100g Frozen Spinach (defrosted and strained)
- Salt and Pepper
- 400g Frozen Mashed Potato
- 20ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg (for egg wash)
Sweat the onions in the oil until they are soft without any colour (add a little water if necessary to prevent burning).
Add the frozen mash pellets to the onions and stir to prevent the mix from catching. Once the mash pellets have softened, add the grated cheese and stir in until melted.
Crumble the feta into the mix and then add the spinach. Season to taste and set aside to cool.
Roll out the shortcrust pastry to fit a large pastry tin (we used a 250mm x 60mm).
Fill the lined tin with the spanakopita filling.
Next, roll out the puff pastry to cover the top of the pie and crimp the edges together.
Glaze with egg wash and a twist of black pepper. Bake in a preheated fan assisted oven at 180c for 35 – 40 minutes.