Chicken with Celeriac
- 4 chicken supreme (skin on and bone in)
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 head of celeriac (peeled and cut into 25-30mm cubes)
- 50g dried mushrooms (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes)
- 100ml white wine
- 225ml cream
- Handful tarragon (chopped)
Oil the chicken and season well. Cook skin side down in a casserole pot for 5 minutes, turn over once the skin is golden brown. Cook for 2 minutes and remove.
In the same pan, add the onion and garlic, scrape all the chicken bits from the base, add some oil and cook on a low heat for 12 minutes.
Add the celeriac, mushrooms and the mushroom liquor and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the wine and sit the chicken on top of the celeriac base. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes.
Take off the lid and remove the chicken to rest.
Add cream and boil to create a rich sauce, stir in the tarragon.