- 2 onions (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 150g chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 2 eggs
- 500g minced beef
- 400g minced pork
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 150g tinned corn
- 150g fresh breadcrumbs (not panko)
- 50ml soy sauce
- 50g Korean Gochujang paste
- 10g smoked sea salt
- 5g ground white pepper
- 10g flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 450g streaky smoked bacon (stretched)
- 300g mashed potatoes
- 300g mashed sweet potatoes (roast the sweet potatoes, then scoop out the flesh)
- 150g butter
- 15g chives (snipped)
- 100ml light soy sauce
- 200ml chicken stock
- 30mm piece ginger (grated)
- 5g chilli flakes
- 100g soft dark brown sugar
- 100ml rice vinegar
- 50g honey
Meatloaf - Gently fry the onion, garlic, mushrooms and pepper for 10 minutes until softened. Remove and cool.
In a bowl, tip the cool mixture and add everything else except the streaky bacon. Mix but do not overwork the meat.
Line a 2lb loaf tin with the streaky bacon, draping over the edges.
Pack in the meat and put the bacon across overlapping on the top.
Bake at 180C for about 1 hour – 1 ¼ hours.
Rest for 10 minutes, turn out and slice.
Mash – beat all together when the potatoes are still warm.
Sauce – boil the sugar and vinegar together for 3-4 minutes.
Add everything else and boil for 5 minutes or until syrupy or slightly reduced.
Serve the meatloaf slices with mash and sauce.