How can ostrich be cooked?
Ostrich fillets can be pan fried from chilled.
- Allow meat to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Season with Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Cook on a high heat for 1 minute each side then:
- FOR RARE: cook for a further 2 minutes each side
- FOR MEDIUM: cook for a further 3 minutes each side
- FOR WELL DONE: cook for a further 5 minutes each side
It is very important to rest the meat for at least 3 minutes before serving.
Can ostrich meat be eaten rare?
Yes, Ostrich Fillets can be eaten rare, medium or well done.
What does ostrich meat taste like?
Ostrich is a red meat and has a similar taste to premium cuts of Beef and is naturally lean and tender.
Is ostrich meat good for you?
Yes, Ostrich Fillets contain 2.0g of fat per 100g making them extra lean. Additionally, they pack a healthy 29.3g protein punch per 100g.
What do I serve Ostrich Fillets with?
Ostrich Fillets are extremely versatile and can be served gastro style with thick cut chips. Alternatively, it can be seared and used in a salad.
How can Ostrich Burgers be cooked?
Ostrich burgers can be cooked in the following ways:
OVEN COOK FROM FROZEN for 20-25 minutes @ 200°C
PAN FRY FROM FROZEN for 20-25 minutes @ a medium heat
Can Ostrich Burgers be eaten rare?
No, Ostrich Burgers are best eaten fully cooked throughout.